Senior Manager, Global People Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s People and Culture team as we are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our People Operations function. You will be tasked with the tactical design and management of our People processes globally that will effectively scale with Medallia’s rapidly expanding business. This position requires strong business partnering skills, operational metric reporting, planning and execution skills, and a high degree of business acumen.
This role can be based in the New York Metro area or remote and will report directly to the Vice President of People Operations & Technology.
- Manage a team of People Operations professionals that are responsible for operational support requests, auditing data quality & compliance procedures, testing new Workday functionality & reports, and trouble-shooting basic system issues.
- Provide operational support and partner with G&A functions (HR Business Partner team, Recruiting, Finance, Legal) to execute on all people-related processes.
- Establish and maintain operational metrics and service level agreements.
- Translate legal and regulatory requirements into system or process requirements and monitor the effectiveness of control design.
- Manage all HR compliance processes and audits.
- Act as a point of contact for business processes and functional expertise related to the employee life cycle.
- Mentor and develop the talent on the People Operations team.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- 5+ years of HR operations experience
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring talent
- 3+ years experience in managing Workday business processes and data quality
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple projects at once with competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least 2,000+ employees
- Demonstrated experience managing remote teams
- Experience working in a high speed, high growth, technology-based environment
- Experience establishing and tracking operational metrics and service level agreements
- Proven success participating in cross functional re-engineering or process improvement efforts
- Experience with Lever (ATS), Workday (HRIS) and/or Netsuite
- Deep familiarity with Workday best practices
- Experience managing change in a complex work environment
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
- Organized, extremely detail oriented, and execution focused
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.