Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Marketing Analyst will lead analyses to glean business insights that enhance our marketing performance. With a passion for data you will own the data governance and attribution models which underpin the analysis and resulting strategies to fuel growth. You’ll need to understand multi-channel marketing paths, the interplay of complex paths to purchase in an enterprise environment and champion our approach to measurement and investment.
- Support the Medallia Marketing Team by compiling and reporting campaign performance metrics for Digital Marketing campaigns, website behaviors and trends, and purchased media to help guide strategic business decisions and marketing investments.
- Build attribution model and framework to manage global Performance Marketing budget and performance by region, country, and channel (e.g. SEM, display, direct mail, etc.)
- Develop goals and track progress against quarterly budget, lead, and pipeline targets.
- Forecast and provide recommendations for optimal channel investment, pacing, and re-allocation throughout each quarter.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to deliver required data hygiene, data collection processes, and data presentation for decision making.
- Build dashboards that will monitor channel pacing and downstream metrics. Identify new trends, flag potential issues, and provide guidance to channel managers based on findings.
- Lead initiatives to improve data strategy around marketing channels to improve accessibility for analyses.
- Support the campaign management team with guidance on designing marketing test structure to ensure results can be measured and interpreted with statistical significance.
- Support strategic analytic needs to analyze operational and 3rd party data to enable actionable strategic and tactical insight beyond standard reporting to drive strategic marketing direction.
- Mine internal and external data sets and present channel specific findings to team (i.e. what happened and why) and refine future analysis based on feedback/needs.
- Help answer ad-hoc big (and small questions by analyzing company data from any and all channels and sources that drive the leads, pipeline and bookings of our various marketing channels.
- Regularly report findings, provide insights and ongoing KPI’s to regional marketing and sales teams to provide visibility into business performance and to aid decision-making.
- BS/BA degree in math, statistics, engineering, economics, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5 + years of experience in strategy consulting, data analytics, business intelligence, or related field.
- Experience working in software industry managing SaaS growth.
- Strong Salesforce reporting experience, including understanding of the standard SFDC data objects, and the ability to create custom reports and dashboards.
- Experience using BI tools such as Tableau and advanced Excel skills.
- Data munging experience, transforming and mapping data from one "raw" data form into another format that provides insights.
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics (Omniture). Reporting and analytic experience with Marketo or similar marketing automation solution is also desired.
- Creative and curious mindset with demonstrated ability to create pragmatic analytic plans that solve the needs of key business questions, including demonstrated ability to ask the questions needed with the adaptability required to work within data environments with imperfect data.
- Strong intellectual curiosity combined with a knack for recognizing correlations, trends, and statistical irregularities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising platforms and reporting on digital marketing KPIs (e.g. CPA, CPM, CTR, etc.) a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.