Senior Manager, Partner Sales & Enablement
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s Partner Success team is building an extraordinary delivery capability through a network of ecosystem Partners to help Medallia continue to deploy its world-class platform at scale. This group will enable partners to be successful in delivering value via Medallia’s software solutions, while Medallia continues to set global CEM and partner delivery standards.
As a Practice Services Sales & Enablement Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring all Partner deals are positioned with the appropriate professional services scope and offerings to maximize Medallia’s solution. This individual will be required to support Medallia and Partners in joint sales efforts to validate services scope and program design components as well as identify the necessary support via Medallia Expert Services to ensure a scalable and high-quality solution. You will work closely with key Partner and Medallia stakeholders to “bring to life” the Partner’s professional services value prop and differentiation to maximize the customer’s success with Medallia software and Partner delivery.
- Educate Medallia Sales and prospective customers of Partner capabilities, success stories, and value proposition
- As necessary, validate (and when necessary lead) the professional services scoping effort with Partners during the sales cycle related to a new logo acquisition, renewal, upsell, or change order.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Partners as they scope their professional services proposals
- Provide feedback to Partners on pre-sales improvement opportunities through the learnings from each joint sale
- Drive the scoping and validation of the Medallia Expert Services (MES) requirement on each deal
- Support the overall development, enablement, and success of a Partner’s pre-sales team
- Collaborate with partners and Medallia Partner Success team to support business plans to achieve joint growth outcomes and mature the partner practices
- Maintain visibility of overall account portfolio health to identify opportunities for upsell and to drive further growth in existing Partner managed install-base
- Identify thematic practice-level gaps related to a partner’s ability to sell and articulate their service offerings in order to develop solutions to close those gaps
- Collaborate with Partner Practice Leads on incorporating outer-loop learnings to improve the Partner Delivery
- Support the creation of value-driven case studies and identification of referenceable customers to help drive sales
- Identify gaps, develop initiatives and execute on projects that improve Medallia’s overall Partner Enablement process and capabilities
- Minimum of 8 years experience in enterprise software, with 5 years focused on technology consulting, project management, customer success management, or similar experience
- Demonstrated experience with the sales cycle in one or more of the following areas: new logo acquisition, upselling, change orders, system demonstrations or solution best practices
- Demonstrated experience managing a changing portfolio of client needs, supporting multiple project stakeholders responsible for designing and implementing technology solutions in addition to roles focused on customer success and retention outcomes
- Demonstrated track record of developing strong, collaborative relationships, at multiple levels within organizations including channel and customer champions up to the C-Suite levels
- Record of consistently meeting objectives and exceeding targets at top-performing companies
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to learn new technology applications
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with both technical and business team members
- Bachelor’s degree
- Travel requirement of 15% or less
- Participation in mid-to-late sales cycle activities assessing technical or business requirements
- You have the ability to ‘scale’ process improvements and solutions by building upon learnings from your experiences to contribute to the broader Partner ecosystem
- You are comfortable navigating new situations and ambiguity with poise; you enjoy converting new challenges into opportunities for Medallia and take the initiative in building something great
- You have an entrepreneurial streak that translates to creativity and “outside the box” thinking.
- You have a knack for problem solving and can easily explain complex challenges in simple and concise ways
- Interest in sales operations, process improvement, and customer success management a plus
- Master’s degree or MBA a plus
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.