Senior Manager Practice Knowledge Management
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Senior Manager Practice Knowledge Management, a member of the Solution Principal team, is responsible for distilling best practices into relevant collateral and tools to enable and drive thought leadership for Medallia stakeholders working with customers across the business.
Other ways in which this role will contribute to thought leadership efforts include managing the knowledge management infrastructure, curating best practice content via productivity tools, and helping to problem solve real-world challenges by identifying the best experts or expertise for solving specific customer CX challenges. All efforts will be tied to identifying, codifying, and leveraging best practices that lead to positive business outcomes for Medallia’s customers.
Responsibilities: Identify and Codify Impactful Knowledge / Content:
• Design and support approach to identifying, capturing, and maintaining best content developed as part of various workflows - client servicing, sales cycles, etc.
• Look for opportunities to leverage the knowledge of Solution Principals and other thought leaders by identifying compelling events (e.g. Customer QBR, RFP, Executive meeting) that might produce impactful content.
Develop / refine captured knowledge into enablement materials and collateral for general use. Partner with marketing and other teams as needed.
• Develop and maintain an experts database and understanding of current thought leadership offerings (Advisory services, Insights, etc.)
• Help Medallia teams find experts and expertise
Influence and Support Knowledge Management Strategy:
• Influence and help to execute the broader Knowledge Agenda and Knowledge Management (KM) strategy
• Prioritize what content to develop by identifying questions commonly asked by customers or knowledge gaps surfaced by teams.
Develop and Manage Processes and Tools:
• Support the design and management of Knowledge Management / Experts / Thought Leadership site(s) on Medallia’s intranet (Jive based) and Sales Enablement platforms (Highspot)
• Develop approach to managing owned content - publishing, use, future updates
• Track what Solution Principals are producing, including usefulness, improvement, of posted materials
• Develop and maintain meta-tagging of posted assets to facilitate user searching
Collaborate Across teams:
• Partner with other teams such as Sales Enablement, Professional Services, Research, or Marketing to ensure captured content is leveraged to the fullest extent.
• Provide guidance, remove obstacles, provide “over the finish line” support on content if appropriate, look for connections and efficiencies
• Influence annual benchmarks categories by sharing surfaced themes with benchmarks design team
- Minimum of 8 years work experience
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in knowledge management / content development and curation
- Strong written / verbal communication & presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience driving change in a cross-functional setting
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience curating content /managing knowledge in support of communities of practice in a professional services setting
- Experience with enterprise content management, portal and / or collaboration tools
- Strong technical aptitude and process discipline
- Experience in any key vertical markets - Automotive, B2B, Hospitality, Healthcare, Government, Financial Services, Retail, Telco Graduate degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.