Senior Manager, Professional Services Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Professional Services Operations team is responsible for driving organizational strategy through managing core processes, monitoring business metrics, and driving initiatives for change. We develop and deliver business processes focused on our global Professional Services organization and cover a range of areas, from revenue management to subcontractor operations to the development of our delivery methodologies. Professional Services is one of Medallia’s largest teams and is responsible for unlocking the value of the Medallia platform for our customers and our partners by delivering the technical expertise and Customer Experience strategic guidance necessary for business impact.
The Senior Manager of Professional Services Operations role is focused on all operational aspects of our Professional Services organization. You will be responsible for developing, deploying, managing and optimizing the processes, procedures, and tools necessary to run our Professional Services team. Specifically, you will be involved in designing our Professional Services offerings, maintaining our scoping calculators, running deal desk review, managing our metrics and dashboards, and supporting our resource management/staffing function.
You must possess an in depth knowledge of the operational aspects of running a professional services business and have experience in implementing best practices, ideally at a fast-growing technology SaaS services organization. You are a thought leader with strong prioritization and project management skills who easily builds rapport with executive-level stakeholders. You are a true team player who can easily transition between being a strategic advisor and being hands-on with building complex models, capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
This position reports to our VP, Professional Services Operations and can be located in any of our 3 Bay Area offices (San Francisco, San Mateo or Pleasanton).
- Support the Professional Services leadership team to achieve core business targets
- Manage global tools and processes; drive continued development and adoption of our PSA tool, Openair
- Oversee all metrics & dashboards/reporting, including but not limited to capacity planning, utilization tracking, bookings & revenue forecasting, and account management (project profitability)
- Support our resource management function and help drive continuous improvement of staffing processes
- Manage the Professional Services scoping calculator and deal desk review process to support all pre-sales activities
- Partner with Professional Services leaders to innovate new products/offerings and contract vehicles
- Participate in financial planning, and accounting activities; work closely with Finance to ensure accurate reporting of revenue, bookings, and expenses
- Support our People & Culture team with workforce planning activities
- 8+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of operations experience in SaaS environment (or similar with thorough understanding of GAAP / FP&A concepts / Revenue Recognition / VSOE)
- Bachelor or comparable degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- OpenAir, Netsuite and Salesforce experience
- Comfortable working with senior management both face-to-face and remotely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks at hand; strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptionally strong Microsoft Excel skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.