Senior Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Planning & Operations. This individual will drive value across a broad spectrum of the Company with a particular focus on maximizing revenue growth through the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of sales strategies, programs, systems, and initiatives. The position requires strong business partnering skills, financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, and good business acumen. It also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the Company’s financial model and sales processes, while being very detail oriented.
This position reports to our Head of Global Sales Operations and is located in Pleasanton, CA.
- Lead and manage Sales Planning & Operations functions and maximize revenue growth for the Sales Org as we continue to build upon our product and diversify our revenue streams.
- Own all systems and tools related to our sales processes with Anaplan as our central hub. You will be responsible for evaluation, improvement, and implementation of tools and software, working closely with our Business Applications team for execution support.
- Lead cross functional initiatives and collaborate closely with product, sales, marketing, partner management, analytics, and finance.
- Develop key performance metrics and establish effective analysis of salesforce trends to identify opportunities for greater efficiencies and drive outsized performance.
- Implement lifecycle management strategies to track relationships from lead generation to revenue realization, account development, and retention while developing strategies to maximize LTV.
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, including regular updates to quotas, headcount, and sales plan.
- Design, implement, and manage forecasting, planning, and productivity processes to ensure appropriate resourcing based on key business metrics across the organization.
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights and high-priority initiatives as we enter our next phase of growth (lead generation efforts, acquisition strategies, addressable market identification, merchant pricing programs, etc.).
- Partner closely with Sales Training to design and develop training programs to assist with the implementation of strategic projects or new products.
- You have worked with fast paced, rapidly growing SaaS organizations and a broad spectrum of sales metrics, processes, and tools.
- You have a thorough understanding of finance, accounting, enterprise and mid-market selling processes and experience with corresponding SaaS and Sales metrics are strongly preferred.
- You are able to identify process improvements in all aspects of Sales Operations.
- You bring a willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models (in Excel and other planning applications).
- You are a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
- 8+ years of Finance and Sales Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related field OR equivalent experience
- Corporate Finance or Sales Operations experience in high-growth environments
- Public accounting and consulting experience, CPA a plus
- SaaS industry experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely well organized, data driven and comfortable managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Exposure to key financial management processes as required in a scaling organization
- Experience implementing and leveraging planning software tools
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with finance system design and implementations
- Experience in managing joint projects of various sizes related to ERP, system and data integration
- Developed internal knowledge based documentation and administrative/project management tools
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.