Senior Manager, SEC Reporting (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Accounting Team as we are looking for a Senior Manager SEC Reporting. The ideal candidate has extensive SEC reporting experience (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, XBRL), excellent project management skills, is able to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment, and demonstrates a strong acumen with technical accounting research and consultations.
Please note that this position is based in CA, reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Reporting & Technical Accounting.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Monitor proposed and enacted accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and make recommendations on implementing changes/compliance.
- Assist with gathering the information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Implement internal controls over financial reporting and perform the related internal evaluation of the controls.
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10- K) and current reports (8-K).Responsible for reporting equity compensation. Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures. Maintain annual and quarterly reporting time-table and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones .Prepare analysis and support for certain balance sheet accountsAssist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures. Assist with SOX documentation related to Financial Reporting and Equity controls.
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting requirements. Complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires. Assist external auditors.
- 5+ years of accounting related experience, including SEC reporting experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- CPA License.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.