Senior Manager, Technical Support, APAC
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Do you enjoy empowering the success of high performing teams, have a passion for helping others, enjoy optimizing business processes, and solving challenging problems across a complex organization? Are you results driven and action oriented? Do you enjoy working with technology and love being part of a highly engaged and empathetic team? Then join our team as a Senior Manager, Technical Support!
Our Technical Support team ensures our customers' continued success and is at the forefront of creating an amazing Customer Experience globally. We are seeking experienced people managers who can make an impact from day one. We are committed to creating an exceptional employee experience focused on creating exciting growth opportunities and have maintained one of the highest employee satisfaction scores in the industry.
- Play a key role in developing and delivering our Technical Support strategy and leading support operations in the region. You will also be a primary liaison between Technical Support and regional leadership
- As part of a Global Support organization, you will be tasked with delivering a best-in-class support experience to our customers.
- You will be responsible for growing and develop a team of high performing Tier 2 Support Advocates. Your team will provide advanced technical support to Medallia clients and partners, solve complex technical challenges, and lead continuous improvement initiatives across our global support team.
- Ensure the team maintains exceptional standards with regards to customer satisfaction, employee engagement and retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including Professional Services, and Product & Engineering) to relentlessly drive the enhancement of our world-class, customer experience management platform.
More Specifically, You Will:
- Develop world-class support processes that delight our customers. Monitor team performance and successfully implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead and develop our talented and highly engaged Customer Support Advocates, attract and hire top talent to enable our continued growth, enable your team to deliver first-class support across our global customer base and exceed our customer's expectations
- Collaborate effectively with the other global support regions to create a highly efficient and scalable global support organization
- Assist in resolving complex technical issues, help build a comprehensive knowledge base, and develop proactive training resources for our team and users
- Ensure our team’s success delivering on responsiveness and resolution promises
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- 3+ years of experience in customer-focused technical support or customer service roles
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of related work experience
- 4+ years of experience leading customer-focused, high performing, technical support teams
- Strong record of delivering exceptional service and performance levels
- Experience in evaluating and troubleshooting technical issues and explaining resolutions in a simple way
- Knowledge around SaaS technologies and platforms
- Experience with the Medallia platform and Salesforce Service Cloud a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Team player who can lead and make decisions in difficult and adapting situations
- Proven record of driving change focused on improving the customer experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Advanced or professional degree i.e. MS, MBA or similar
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.