Senior Manager, Workplace Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Just as Medallia always focuses on the customer, Medallia offices focus on the Medallian. From state-of-the-art construction projects to nutritious food and beverages, the Workplace Services team builds environments that keep Medallians feeling inspired and energized. We're a team of inquisitive and energetic professionals that are constantly searching for new ways to improve workplace efficiency and make Medallia a great place to come to work every day.
With an average of 2,100 hours spent in the office each year, our environment needs to be one that Medallians feel comfortable in as well as a place that fosters collaboration, creativity and growth. In this role you will be creating and maintaining this environment while providing an exemplary level of service to all Medallians. Reporting to the Global Head of Real Estate and Workplace Services, the Senior Manager of US Operations will have operational oversight of all US offices. This position will be based in our San Mateo office and expected to travel to all other offices within the US. You will be responsible for everything from daily operations & vendor management to office moves and partnership on future site selection. A desire to work in a constantly evolving environment and a drive to create empowering spaces and experiences is critical. You will bring a passion for people and the conviction that a life lived in service is a life well lived.
- Develop and manage a team of office//workplace managers//coordinators in multiple US office locations to provide an energizing employee experience where our employees can do their best work.
- Build strong internal relationships with Medallians, office stakeholders; specifically, Legal//Finance, IT, and People & Culture to foster a positive employee experience + meet regularly with business stakeholders to understand Medallia’s operational needs by team and by site.
- Lead and assist teams in the management of all maintenance programs including but not limited to: MEP, FLS, space planning, food & beverage, transportation, health & safety.
- Oversee and execute on target financial budget of various sites; partner with Finance to track monthly and quarterly metrics.
- Responsible for the management of vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial review, conducting RFP’s, and assuring performance of team, including service providers.
- Act as project manager to and//or assist in the identification and selection of contracted project managers to develop & deliver relocation projects.
- Minimum of 5+ years working in workplace/real estate management, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech company.
- 2-4 year of experience managing and developing a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, strategic planning, asset and facilities management. Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration and consensus building.
- Passionate and independent about finding challenges and seeking solutions.
- Ability to consistently view a space with fresh eyes and a customer’s point of view.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate warmth, kindness and humor no matter the situation or interaction. You are always composed under pressure. A consummate team player with a great sense of humor.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.