Senior Mobile QA Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be working with emerging software development technologies ensuring we deliver high quality products and helping us scale. You will set quality best practices with the Engineering team, train them on care and maintenance to ensure continuous quality can be self-sustaining. You will become a product expert that will drive quality standards by designing and executing tests. Confidence in quality will continue to be an imperative, and you will play a huge part in its success.
About the team:
- The Quality Engineering team is responsible for Enterprise Quality in Medallia. We define quality processes, standards and tooling to ensure our products keep the quality bar high. We partner with development teams to help them adopt standards and provide insights about their strategy. Based on the organisation needs we define test strategies and work on the data and tools to support it.
More specifically, you will:
- Define and execute manual mobile tests in Android and IOS and SDK Apps.
- Define and execute API tests using Postman.
- Collaborate with Development on defining and planning product test strategies.
- Get involved in web UI test automation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in design and execution of Mobile test cases.
- Understand HTTP API technology and tests and Postman (or similar).
- You have a critical eye and are good at spotting issues.
- Good written and verbal English communication and can manage communication with stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- You can code automated tests and/or develop automated frameworks (React Native/Cordova/Appium would be the best).
- You enjoy working on ambiguous requirements and turning them into solutions.
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments.
Please note, this role may require being on a rotating on-call shift which includes being available during evenings and weekends when scheduled.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.