Senior Performance & Observability Engineer
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Performance & Observability Engineering (POE) team is tasked with providing the tooling, best-practices, and investigations of both application performance and observability to all of Medallia. We work closely with all development teams to ensure their services are observable, with all types of lenses including logging, metrics, distributed tracing, and profiling. To enable us to support this observability stack and fulfil all requirements at Medallia we rely on commercial tools, OSS projects in which we are actively involved such as Thanos and Open Telemetry, and in-house developed services.
To enable POE to provide even more support and broaden our capabilities, we are looking for engineers with either SRE, Operations, or Performance Engineering background with which to expand the team.
- Deploy, manage, expand, and drive adoption of a complete observability stack.
- Build tools to enable development teams to run their own performance validations.
- Analyse and help to continuously improve performance and scale of our systems.
- Educate the engineering organization of performance and observability best practices.
- Be a part of the POE team’s on-call rotation for escalations.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Deep understanding of software technology fundamentals, software development processes and best practices. Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics.
- Ability to visualize, analyse, root cause, and resolve performance problems with large and distributed software environments.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written - with a consistent attention to detail. Effective cross-functional collaborator.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field preferred.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.