Senior Performance & Observability Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Performance & Observability Engineering (POE) team is tasked with providing the tooling, best-practices, and investigations of both application performance and observability to all of Medallia. We work closely with all development teams to ensure their services are observable, with all types of lenses including logging, metrics, distributed tracing, and profiling. To enable us to support this observability stack and fulfill all requirements at Medallia we rely on commercial tools, OSS projects in which we are actively involved such as Thanos and Open Telemetry, and in-house developed services.
To enable POE to provide even more support and broaden our capabilities, we are looking for engineers with either SRE, Operations, or Performance Engineering background with which to expand the team.
- Deploy, manage, expand, and drive adoption of a complete observability stack.
- Build tools to enable development teams to run their own performance validations.
- Analyze and help to continuously improve performance and scale of our systems.
- Educate the engineering organization of performance and observability best practices.
- Be a part of the POE team’s on-call rotation for escalations.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Deep understanding of software technology fundamentals, software development processes and best practices. Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics.
- Ability to visualize, analyze, root cause, and resolve performance problems with large and distributed software environments.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written - with a consistent attention to detail. Effective cross-functional collaborator.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.