Senior PHP Developer (Remote U.S., Canada)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are growing! Join a team of 18 engineers working on an industry-leading and unique product. We are looking for a team-oriented, collaborative and motivated software engineer to join our backend team. You will help to solve challenging technical problems, and take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our product to the next stage. As a backend engineer on Medallia’s Zingle Team, you will build highly performant, scalable and robust APIs and related backend components for Medallia web apps and 3rd party developers. You will build on Medallia’s state-of-the-art core service infrastructure and platform. Your work will connect world’s leading business to their customers, using modern web technologies over service-oriented architecture.
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology, follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming
- Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan
- Work with a globally distributed team to ensure uninterrupted service
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those
- Incorporate best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Recommend improvements, security needs, best practices, etc (Your voice will be heard!)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Kubernetes a must
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise grade customer centric software in PHP, Node.js
- Experience building distributed systems / enterprise systems on modern stack
- Experience with building and maintaining API's
- Ownership mindset with quality orientation and cloud SaaS experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced environment with distributed teams
- Easy -going, fun, team player
- Self-management, teamwork, and time management is critical to this role
- A communication pro. You must be able to discuss technical issues within the team pleasantly (We use Slack and Zoom primarily)
- Ability to debate the finer points of SciFi movies and TV shows
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.