Senior Postgres Database Administrator
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a skilled Database Administrator to manage high-performance database and Big Data systems that support our innovative customer experience SaaS platform. This role will be responsible for the tuning, scalability, availability and reliability of our rapidly growing structured and unstructured data environments. This is an opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation of complex and real-time Big Data environments, come join our team.
- Be a source of ongoing innovation with the way Medallia operates its databases.
- Continuously improve database-related SLAs, make team processes simpler and more resilient, as well as realize cost savings.
- Expertise on database infrastructure and can proactively identify and address problem areas.
- Take lead on execution of key database initiatives, produce complete solutions, and make optimal decisions and effectively.
- Collaborate and communicate with external stakeholders.
- Represent the team on cross-functional projects of medium complexity.
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL or similar (Oracle/MySQL) database administration experience in a production environment
- Experience operating large databases at scale in a physical environment
- 24/7 on-call experience and readiness
- Incident management experience
- Proficiency with scripting languages, configuration tools, monitoring etc
- Strong Linux proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Docker/Aurora/Kubernetes experience
- Experience working in agile methodology
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience managing up: working w/executive team
- Experience leading other DBAs
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.