Senior Pre-Sales Analyst
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About Sense360 by Medallia
Sense360, part of Medallia, uses cutting-edge datasets to transform how companies make strategic decisions. We work with some of the top brands and agencies in the world, providing them insights on their customers, competitors, and market opportunities in near-real time. Sense360 began over 6 years ago and emerged as a fast-growing market research start-up before being acquired by Medallia in September 2020. With Medallia’s broad capabilities as the leader in customer experience and the environment of Sense360 that is still very much like a start-up, this is truly an exciting place to be!
This analyst role is focused on Sense360's pre-sales efforts. Data is our Sales team's secret weapon - as such, you are an essential part of the Sense360 sales process and will directly help drive millions of dollars of revenue. You will immerse yourself in Sense360's cutting-edge datasets and tackle important business problems for a wide range of clients across the restaurant, retail and CPG industries.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries
- Work with great colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Be a critical member and trusted advisor for our partners
- Continuously refine both your analytical and your client-facing skills
- Have the chance to own your career path as we build and grow our team
- Our goal is to provide prospects with valuable insights at every touch point. You will collaborate with our Sales and Marketing teams to develop compelling and scalable analyses that drive engagement from new sales prospects.
- We have found that running robust proof of concept projects increases close rates, increases contract sizes, and decreases time to close. You will work with your Sales counterparts in order to identify opportunities to bring real data into the sales process, wow our prospects, and help drive an eventual contract close. You will be responsible for the analysis as well as presentation of that analysis.
- Closing the biggest sales deals at Sense360 often requires creative proposals that solve unique business questions for our partners. As a Sense360 data and product expert, you will help structure analyses that push a deal to the finish line. While this is not a sales role, your support in defining complex analyses will help close deals that drive millions of dollars in new revenue.
- If you are interested in solving a diverse set of problems for a wide range of clients, this is the role for you!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in an analytics-focused customer-facing role
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Innate curiosity to learn and explain the products and services offered by Sense360
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple activities and deadlines
- Strong storytelling skills (specifically in deck creation within PowerPoint)
- Expert level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative/Innovative thinking
- Experience in Google Drive (Sheets and Slides)
- Experience in SQL and VBA
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.