Senior QA Automation Engineer, Stella Connect
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the role
As a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you’ll be working with emerging technologies. You will implement test tools and frameworks, automate test cases and create test data to support SW development teams. As we scale, confidence in quality will continue to be an imperative, and you will play a huge part in its success.
About the team
The Quality Engineering team is going to work closely with Stella Connect development team to create testing infrastructure, develop and execute automated test cases and help them to implement quality standards. You should expect a challenging working environment in which your role is central to allow the team to move faster and deliver with high quality.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 6+ years of relevant experience
- You have demonstrated hands on experience with some of the backend programing languages (Java, Python, Ruby/RoR)
- You enjoy working on ambiguous requirements and turning them into solutions.
- You enjoy debugging challenging problems in any environment.
- You could be an expert in either of the following areas:
- building tools, frameworks and test infrastructure for engineers using any of the following: Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, AWS, Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Robot, Spock, Postman and others
- performance and load testing
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Design, execute and analyze results of performance tests
- Develop API and integration tests
- Define, monitor and report development process metrics
- Define, review and communicate quality and software development standards
- Optimize build, and test from development to deployment
- Surface and bring to attention identified issues
- Collaborate with Development on product test strategies and execution
- Collaborate across teams to improve existing quality process and reduce manual labor by automating tasks on CI/CD pipelines
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.