Senior Revenue Accountant (Contract)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
An impactful opportunity awaits as Medallia is hiring for a motivated Senior Revenue Accountant(Contract) to join the Revenue Accounting team on a project basis. The position will be responsible for reviewing revenue transactions and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles. This position will need to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. If you're excited about scaling internal controls, building processes, and leaving a legacy by taking Medallia to the next level, then apply within!
- Responsible for all aspects of the Company’s month end including but not limited to: preparation of revenue schedules, preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations of all revenue related accounts
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits; including but not limited to: preparation of supporting schedules, work papers and financial reports
- Assist in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operational process, including consideration, implementation, and enhancement of revenue recognition tools
- Review revenue related contract and prepare summary write-up to document accounting considerations and conclusions
- Prepare ad hoc analysis / projects, when needed
- 3+ years of revenue accounting experience
- 1+ years of experience using MS Office suite e.g. Excel, Word, and/or PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or commensurate experience
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience with Big 4 Public Accounting Firm
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification with US GAAP experience
- Knowledge of revenue recognition under US GAAP (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASC 606)
- Solid planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
- Strong financial systems background, NetSuite, preferred
- Software as a Service (SaaS) industry experience
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.