Senior Revenue Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a skilled Senior Revenue Manager to join its growing Accounting team. It’ll be your job to oversee the revenue accounting team and own the entire revenue close process. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Revenue Accounting and we’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to implement the systems and improve the processes to scale the business, and leave a legacy by taking Medallia’s accounting function to the next level. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are ready for the adventure that awaits you at Medallia, then keep on reading!
In this capacity, you will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. You will have a dual focus on (1) upstream process efficiency within the quote to cash process and (2) streamlining our revenue recognition process for various performance obligations as we integrate our existing systems to further automate and scale the business and implement new tools to manage complex revenue transactions. As an ideal candidate, you possess experience with multiple element arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically on a process level, and are also comfortable getting into the details.
- Manage, train, and develop current and future revenue team members.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards (ASC 606).
- Manage the revenue close including the review of journal entries and reconciliations for revenue as well as various deferred revenue and reserve accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet flux analysis for deferred revenue accounts and accounts receivable reserves.
- Prepare and review revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable reserve schedules and related reconciliations.
- Oversee and prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audit, 10Q and 10K reporting process.
- Serve as the "go to" point of contact for the SOX controls and documentation.
- Serve as the revenue contact with external auditors and be the front line with various business partners including Order Management, Legal, Deals Desk and Sales.
- Partner closely with Sales Operations, Order Management and IT to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- Support the systems implementation and process improvements related to revenue processes.
- Drive ad hoc and business-critical revenue accounting projects through to completion.
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience with multiple element arrangements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with ASC 606 revenue recognition under US GAAP
- Revenue recognition experience within an enterprise SaaS company
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience within a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification with US GAAP experience
- Working proficiency of NetSuite and Salesforce
- Detailed-oriented with exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical requirements to a non-technical audience
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.