Senior Sales Development Representative, Public Sector
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s Sales Development Team is a critical component of our sales model and has fueled the company’s growth over the past several years. You have the opportunity to prospect into a portfolio of brands and engage in meaningful executive interactions. As you build the foundation for Medallia’s future success by driving new sales opportunities through campaigns and events, you will also build a set of skills that differentiates you from your peers in the market. This role requires you to be highly motivated and driven to develop new business prospects through outbound marketing activity, prospecting lists, and personal discovery through individual research.
Role & Responsibilities
- Generate business through outbound lead activity
- Attend trade shows and events as needed
- Develop subject matter expertise in Customer Experience Management to coach our government customers and prospects on Medallia’s value proposition
- Collaborate with field sales representatives on their territory to generate new pipeline through account research, strategy, and outreach
- Establish rapport and build strong relationships with all levels of prospective stakeholders, including senior executives
- Nurture prospects in Salesforce through email and call campaigns
- Own documentation with our prospects, including capturing use cases, lead scores, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Qualify inbound leads, prioritize opportunities, and mobilize the appropriate internal resources to help accelerate our sales cycles
- Partner with Marketing on driving attendance to events, trade shows, webinars, and conferences
- Record all activities in Salesforce and report results on a weekly basis to ensure accountability
- 1-3 years in a SDR role
- Prior success in account development, opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call structure/control, and time and territory management
- Experience prospecting into the public sector
- Self-motivated, with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Experience with Salesforce
- Ability to research organizations to identify new prospects, including familiarity with public sector RRP prospecting tools like FedBizOpps, FindRFP, GovWin, BGov and similar
- Familiarity with public sector terminology
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.