Senior Site Reliability Engineer - GovCloud (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is one of the few SaaS providers delivering a world class SaaS platform that has achieved FedRAMP high certification. The GovCloud Engineering team is responsible for delivering outstanding customer experience while meeting FedRAMP high operational and security requirements.
GovCloud Site Reliability Engineering is a challenging technical role that requires in depth understanding of cloud infrastructure and security, strong customer focus, and the ability to work across teams to provide reliable and secure service to our public sector customers.
- Deploy, update, and monitor infrastructure and applications within our FedRAMP certified data center using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.
- Develop/modify/maintain deployment tooling and network infrastructure to meet FedRAMP requirements.
- Design/develop/customize compliance tools to inventory and audit the environment and produce alerts.
- Design/develop/customize security solutions in the GovCloud environment (e.g. SAML, OAuth, Keycloak, etc.).
- Design/develop Disaster Recovery and Fail-over automation tooling.
- Provide expertise and contribute code to Medallia product teams where required to meet FedRAMP requirements for security, access control, auditing, and monitoring.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the entire technology stack.
- Be a part of on-call rotations for escalations.
As a GovCloud Site Reliability Engineer, you may:
- Must be a U.S citizen and meet background check requirements of U.S Federal Government.
- 5+ years experience with development and deployment of enterprise software and/or services.
- Experience with Linux, hardware and network virtualization, network and system security, infrastructure deployment, and infrastructure as code.
- In-depth experience in at least one infrastructure area (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, virtualization, distributed systems, etc.) and a solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Demonstrated ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Go, Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work with and influence teams to deliver complex software projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.