Senior Security Operations Engineer (Federal) (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s security team is responsible for the security of the overall Medallia platform and entire global infrastructure. We are looking for exceptional technical engineers, who understand multi-tenant SaaS environments, and are able to build best in class security monitoring and incident response capabilities that work at scale.
Medallia is a technology powerhouse and our security challenges cannot be solved by traditional security technologies. This role requires creative thinking and innovative approaches for building a truly intelligence driven monitoring and response capability. This role will be responsible for developing and operating tools, technologies and processes to proactively identify incidents and respond to them. Focussing on Medallia’s Federal environment, the role will be driving security operations initiatives across the technical stack.
Specifically, you will:
- Build, own and operate security tools to identify and investigate security incidents (e.g. IDS, SIEM, FIM etc)
- Build automation to operate security stack at scale
- Work across teams to capture data, intelligence and context
- Build and maintain processes and documentation (e.g. run books) for effectively responding to incidents
- Perform security continuous monitoring activities on a periodic basis and participate in security on-call rotation
- Actively participate in the industry and collaborate with peers from other organizations
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems and Docker containers
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Go, Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms
- Strong working knowledge of AWS cloud environments and technologies
- Experience in anomaly detection at various layers of the stack across on-prem and cloud platforms
- Strong ability to customize commercial and open source monitoring tools to fit the requirements
- Must be a U.S citizen and meet background check requirements of U.S Federal Government
- Hands on experience with Splunk or similar SIEM solutions
- Experience deploying and using vulnerability scanners, HIDS, NIDS and similar security tools
- Direct experience with infrastructure as code and relevant tools like Terraform, Packer, Vagrant etc
- Experience working in a FedRAMP environment
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.