Senior Security Operations Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
At Medallia, the Security Operations team increases Medallia’s long-term value by building enterprise-grade, best-in-class security to detect indicators of compromise and security malfeasance, as well as leading Medallia’s security incident response and investigative capabilities across the entire organization. We are passionate about security, threat hunting, automation, and rapid iteration, and loves creating pragmatic solutions to challenging problems.
We work closely with our Red-Team and perform Tabletop exercises that allow us to build company-wide muscle memory for responding to incidents.
As a next-generation Security Operations team, DevSecOps methodology is our focus, and our engineers utilize best-in-class tools like Terraform, Packer, Linux, Python, GoLang, Splunk and AWS EC2 to deliver robust capabilities across our platform (infrastructure-as-code model).
We are looking for a Senior Security Operations that shares our passion and be able to work closely with our global engineering teams and ensure that we have best-in-class detection and response capabilities deployed throughout our platform
Our Engineering culture:
- We don’t expect perfection, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology, follow the latest technologies and share what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
Specifically, you will:
- Build Security Use Cases and implement them in the SIEM. Utilize pattern matching techniques, machine learning algorithms, statistical models, and other novel capabilities or techniques to detect and respond to insider threats, advanced persistent threats/attackers (“APT”), and anomalous behavior of systems.
- Build detection mechanisms that identify indicators of compromise and other forms of security malfeasance or misconfiguration.
- Respond to Security Incidents and lead investigations related to real or potential indicators of compromise.
- Build automation around our security response and reduce the need for high-touch, human intervention, and investigation into common security events and patterns.
- Utilize various open-source tools like Terraform, Packer, Linux, GIT, Python, and Go to instrument and build our security platforms and tools using an infrastructure-as-code model on a hybrid (cloud and on-premise) platform.
- Participate within our on-call security operations team that Medallia counts on to protect our customers, employees, and infrastructure from common and novel threat actors.
- Work with teams across the world throughout Medallia’s global workforce.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience responding to security issues or challenges, such as: threat hunting, intrusion detection, signals intelligence, incident response, forensics and security architecture, and infrastructure.
- Prior experience administering or working with a SIEM, such as Splunk, ElasticSearch, Qradar, etc. and have experience analyzing large data sets in order to separate true signals from noise.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities, a curious mindset, and a passion for both the human and technical aspects in the art and science of information security.
- Knowledge/understanding of how HIDS, Networking devices (Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Routers, etc.), Anti-Malware solutions and Anti-Spam solutions work and possess a deep understanding and recent experience with Linux/Windows/Mac system administration and hardening experience.
- Programming experience in one or more languages such as Python, Bash, Go, Java or C.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.