Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Sense360
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Delivery and Deployment Engineering team is responsible for developing technologies that build and deploy Medallia’s software in a reliable and reproducible manner. As part of this team, you will be covering the provisioning and deployment automation infrastructure for the new components from our recent acquisitions.
- Deploy and update applications within our systems foundation (compute, storage, network, etc.)
- Build monitoring, automation and tooling to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Work closely with product-engineering teams to eliminate technical debt.
- Be a part of the SRE team on-call rotation for escalations.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Experience with build systems (e.g., Ant, Maven, Gradle) and/or CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Node.js, etc.).
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and a solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Strong communication skills.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense, and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback. We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and codebase. We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn. We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling. We build strong relationships with team members around the globe. At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.