Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Ruby)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This is an opportunity to improve the lives of people with really hard jobs: customer care employees. We understand the psychology of happiness and stress. We’re combining these principles with expertise in technology, product, and usability to create a revolutionary platform. You will be building and growing a system to make the jobs of front-line customer service employees fulfilling and developmental, even while working from home.
- We are seeking a Ruby on Rails developer in the United States to help us build and scale our platform that has tens of thousands of active users across hundreds of companies that are redefining customer service like Riot, Tinder and Second Life.
- You will solve challenging technical problems, own your services end-to-end and help take our SaaS platform to the next level.
- As a backend engineer on the Stella Team, you will build and/or scale our systems to be highly performant and robust.
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming; design, implement and drive the technical roadmap and product implementation; help the team prioritize and plan pragmatically.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Develop Medallia’s state-of-the-art platform including public and private cloud services.
- Partner closely with other teams across engineering to ensure the best service quality.
Our Engineering Culture
- Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from.
- We celebrate our culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback.
- We love technology.
- We embrace trial and error.
- We rely on strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade software.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails.
- TDD experience: RSpec, Capybara, or similar.
- Database design, architecture, and migrations.
- Strong communication, ownership, and code quality.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.