Senior Software Engineer, Delivery & Deployment
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Delivery and Deployment team as part of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) group. You will be responsible for keeping our CI/CD systems and infrastructure running smoothly, serving as an expert resource to help Product Engineering teams with their pipelines, planning for growth, managing capacity and usage as Medallia grows. These systems are critical to our ability to continue to take our industry-leading SaaS platform to the next level. This isn’t just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have a significant impact on how we take our product to the next stage.
We’ve got a cultural focus on smarts, kindness, continual learning and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
- Take care of the CI/CD systems: Jenkins and Artifactory
- Capacity management to ensure these systems are always able to support the demands of Engineering
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Restructuring GitHub organizations to better utilize Jenkins infrastructure
- Enabling self-service access management
- Manage a VMware infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (shell, bash, Python etc)
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments (AWS)
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and a solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- hands-on experience with Artifactory
- Strong communication skills
- Groovy, Java, Gradle, Nodejs
- Prometheus/Giraffe for monitor and alerting
Nice to have:
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense, and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback. We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and codebase. We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn. We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling. We build strong relationships with team members around the globe. At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.