Senior Software Engineer, IAAS (Remote, US)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
We are looking for a Senior software engineer to join our Infrastructure as Service team within the Medallia Cloud Services organization at Medallia. The team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure supporting Medallia’s global network of data-centers (colo-location and public cloud). We are directly responsible for managing thousands of servers, petabytes of flash and hybrid storage and elastically scaling our infrastructure to meet the ever increasing Medallia’s Experience Cloud needs.
As a member of the team, you will develop the next generation distributed storage infrastructure and services, drive observability and storage performance engineering, and enable auto-remediation platforms to enable highly efficient operation in our data centers worldwide. The team utilizes a combination of existing open source tools/projects as well as build proprietary tools to solve the challenges of operating a globally distributed infrastructure.
Specifically, You Will:
- Design and build the next generation storage as a service infrastructure. You will primarily be focused on building an scalable block and object storage solution to meet the data storage requirements for Medallia's Cloud platform.
- Design, build and implement the core platform stack for real time monitoring, metrics collection, and auto-remediation across our fleet of servers in our data centers.
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving performance issues related to the storage layer in production on the cloudHelp select and drive the underlying technology stack and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Provide technical leadership and clarity to complex projects and technology.
- Work with SRE, Network Infrastructure teams, Production engineering, Product Engineering, and other teams to drive and enable complex projects.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with either Java/Go is required.
- 5+ years of system software engineering experience on large-scale production systems including databases, storage, and/or distributed system development.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and security.
- Experience designing and implementing REST API and Swagger/OpenAPI specifications is a major plus.
- Experience working with workflow engines, like Apache Airflow and/or Cadence Workflow, is a plus
- Experience with docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes is a major plus.
- Experience with observability services, like Prometheus is a plus
- Working knowledge of the Linux storage stack, both block and file system a plus
- Experience with Minio, CEPH RadosGW and S3 object storage is a plus.
- Experience mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.