Senior Software Engineer - IAAS
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
We are looking for a Senior software engineer to join our Infrastructure as Service team within the Medallia Cloud Services organization at Medallia. The team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure supporting Medallia’s global network of data centers (colo-location and public cloud). We are directly responsible for managing thousands of servers, petabytes of flash and hybrid storage and elastically scaling our infrastructure to meet the ever-increasing Medallia’s Experience Cloud needs.
As a member of the team, you will develop the next-generation distributed storage infrastructure and services, drive observability and storage performance engineering, and enable auto-remediation platforms to enable highly efficient operation in our data centers worldwide. The team utilizes a combination of existing open-source tools/projects as well as build proprietary tools to solve the challenges of operating a globally distributed infrastructure.
- Design and build the next-generation storage as a service infrastructure.
- You will primarily be focused on building a scalable block and object storage solution to meet the data storage requirements for Medallia's Cloud platform.
- Design, build and implement the core platform stack for real-time monitoring, metrics collection, and auto-remediation across our fleet of servers in our data centers.
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving performance issues related to the storage layer in production on the cloud
- Help select and drive the underlying technology stack and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Provide technical leadership and clarity to complex projects and technology work with SRE, Network Infrastructure teams, Production engineering, Product Engineering, and other teams to drive and enable complex projects
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with either Java/Go is required.
- 5+ years of system software engineering experience on large-scale production systems including databases, storage, and/or distributed system development
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, and security.
- Advance level of English.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with any disability.