Senior Software Engineer, Ruby (Stella)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
We’re on the hunt for a Backend “Ruby on Rails” focused Software Engineers to work on our industry leading customer feedback and quality management platform built specifically for customer service teams, Stella Connect platform, joining a growing team of 18 engineers working on an industry-leading and unique product.
We are looking for a team-oriented, collaborative, and motivated software engineers to help solve challenging technical problems and take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level.
As a backend engineer, you will build highly performant, scalable, and robust APIs and related backend components for Stella Connect web apps. You will build on Stella Connect’s state-of-the-art core service infrastructure and platform and your work will connect the world’s leading business to their customers, using modern web technologies over service-oriented architecture.
· We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
· We love technology, follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn
· We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling
· We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices
· Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming
· Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan
· Work with a globally distributed team to ensure uninterrupted service
· Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those
· Incorporate best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same
· Mentor and coach engineers
· Recommend improvements, security needs, best practices, etc (Your voice will be heard!)
· Experience developing enterprise grade customer centric software in Ruby on Rails with a Web product
· SQL Experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
· ElasticSearch and GraphQL experiences would be a great addition
· Experience building distributed systems / enterprise systems on modern stack
· Experience with building and maintaining API's
· Ownership mindset with quality orientation and cloud SaaS experience
· Strong software engineering fundamentals
· Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced environment with distributed teams
· Easy -going, fun, team player
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
· A communication pro. You must be able to discuss technical issues within the team pleasantly (We use Slack and Zoom primarily)
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.