Senior Software Engineer, Salesforce
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our mission is to create a world where companies are loved by their customers; where organizations see you as a person and not just their next sale. We do this by building a bridge between hundreds of companies and billions of customers, around the world, enabling access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they may design and deliver extraordinary experiences, every single day.
The Medallia R&D team is seeking an outstanding, experienced Senior Salesforce Developer and Technical Architect. In this role, you will help develop and enhance Medallia's managed package on Appexchange that is used by our customers to integrate their Salesforce and Medallia systems. We're looking for candidates that have strong skills in Salesforce development, including working with managed packages on Appexchange.
- Design, build and test custom applications using visual force and Apex programming language
- Develop triggers using Apex to automate data updates and business processes
- Integrate with other backend systems and various integration patterns applicable to Salesforce
- Integrate web services including SOAP, REST standards, security models and typical API client architecture using additional API techniques
- Work with team for end-to-end strategy for code management
- Object Model updates as needed to enhance the application with new functionality
- Performing bulk data imports and exports using data loader
- Good knowledge of compliance with Salesforce security requirements
More Specifically, You Will:
- Actively participate in Sprint planning to discuss the business requirement in detail with stakeholders
- Minister proof of concepts for complex business needs
- Design & plan for execution of the environment strategies
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Visualforce, SFDC APEX, SQL/SOQL, XML, HTML, or any development IDE, SOAP and REST techniques
- 3+ Experience in AppExchange App Development and Package Creation
- Solid understanding of Salesforce Standard Objects and Business Processes around them
- Understanding of CSS, XLS, repositories (SVN/CVS/GitHub)
- Fundamental understanding of basic system development methodologies
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience and knowledge of Salesforce governor's limitations and knowledge of working around them
- Java Development desired but not necessary
- Proficient in writing
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.