Senior Software Engineer, Security Engineer, FedRamp (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our mission is to create a world where companies are loved by their customers; where organizations see you as a person and not just their next sale. We do this by building a bridge between hundreds of companies and billions of customers, around the world, enabling access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they may design and deliver extraordinary experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
- As a Software Engineer on the Security Engineering team you will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation of security features and solutions
- You will lead innovation of the Security aspects that power our core products and platform
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to Security features and solutions
- You will help to protect and secure Medallia systems and customer’s data
- Design, build, and maintain security related features and solutions for Medallia’s core products and core platform
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes
- Partner closely with other teams across engineering to ensure collaboration and uninterrupted services
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & Product Managers to address those
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies, sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe
- Must be a U.S citizen and meet background check requirements of U.S Federal Government
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ or similar object-oriented languages
- Experience building distributed systems/enterprise systems on a modern stack
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals and agile process experience with an ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams
- Hands-on experience developing and diagnosing for security, performance, and scalability.
- 5+ years experience on product development teams
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID.
- Experience with cryptography algorithms and key management systems
- Experience in developing with JAX-RS, JDBC, Servlets, any ORM technology, MVC, JNDI.
- Understanding and experience working with TLS, OpenSSL.
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers.
- Knowledge of Linux internals/Experience developing system services for Linux
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.