Senior Software Engineer with Python (Full-stack developer)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallian's Promoter.io team simplifies the process of survey engagement by only asking one question. It records the replies from the surveys and helps businesses respond to their feedback. Finally, this team enhances the recorded data into a dashboard that businesses can analyze and gain actionable insights from. Promoter.io is a one-stop-shop to extract the best value from a relationship with final customers.
We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer to work on our backend and frontend application. Our app is the only tool that hundreds of companies send out surveys to their customers. Sometimes from one-off surveys via the API. Sometimes with a 2-year recurring schedule of surveys via from within our built out application. The software you curate will make an important difference in the customer experience engagement space.
As Full stack Python developer, you may:
- Building out direct integrations to various SaaS tools to push data into our platform to trigger surveys
- Enhance a current integration to a machine learning API to further provide better insights to customers’ recorded replies
- Upgrade 3rd party libraries to ensure our application stays up to date with the latest available features and security requirements
- Generate a release via our source control management tools and help to facilitate the deployment out to our infrastructure. Customers can see the value of features developed in real-time
- Help grow the skills of the current team through technical guidance and mentorship. We’d love you to show us how we can improve what we do and grow together.
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or 5 years of experience in SW development
- Python and ideally hands-on with Django
- Experience managing code sprints
- Experience managing MySQL databases
- Product-minded software engineer that has the ability to ship high quality code with autonomy
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in triaging server outages
- Proficiency in managing and scaling AWS Infrastructure
- Highly experienced web developer with solid design and architecture skills
- Experience building modern REST APIs
- Experience with system and database administration and standard web security
- Excellent written and spoken English
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.