Senior Software Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This is a software engineering position in the Cloud Engineering team at Medallia. Our team’s mission is to develop the industry’s next generation enterprise SaaS cloud platform for Medallia. Our cloud platform currently runs all of Medallia’s services enabling all of our customers to scale seamlessly across a hybrid cloud.
The platform consists of: compute, storage, deployment technologies, life cycle management, and automation to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters. We utilize the latest in open source technologies like docker, mesos, aurora, kafka, kubernetes, redis, zookeeper, cassandra and linkerd. Our main programming languages are Java, C++ and Golang.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that will last, and scale through multiple orders of magnitude. Take on the responsibility of designing, developing, and operating mission critical services that sit at the heart of Medallia’s cloud.
- Design core, infrastructure software components and services that run at scale.
- Build automation to enable the systems to be maintained automatically.
- Develop reliable, performant, and scalable code for our high-volume system which currently handles millions of interactions per day supporting over 500 global brands.
- Contribute to open source projects, and work on internal frameworks primarily using Java, C/C++, Golang.
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- Design/consume REST APIs and create microservices on our next generation service platform.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- Substantial professional software engineering experience, with demonstrated experience working in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C++, or other object oriented language
- Demonstrated experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams within university or internships.
- Experience with designing microservices and REST APIs.
- Experience in Distributed storage systems (CEPH).
- Experience with stream processing platforms; Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker a plus.
- MS/PhD strongly preferred.
Location: 80 Cheapside, 5th Floor, EC2V 6EE, London, United Kingdom Salary: Competitive Posting Date: 23 September 2019 Closing Date: 23 October 2019 At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.