Senior System Administrator, IT - Engineering
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As a Sr. System Engineer at Medallia, you will report to the Sr. Director – Global Infrastructure. The role will be responsible for managing day-to-day operational processes related to our infrastructure, monitoring, and business-critical engineering applications. Along these lines, the role will ensure proper tuning, scalability, availability, and reliability of systems for consumption by our business stakeholders. You will support sandbox and production-ready infrastructure and applications and will partner closely with business units across the company around the optimization of those applications.
- 5 to 8 years of experience managing Linux operating systems. CentOS prefered, Debian, Ubuntu.
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining external services which will include Cloud and SaaS services
- 3+ years of scripting proficiency (Bash/Python/Perl) experience.
- Automation enthusiast & Intermediate knowledge in Infrastructure as code: Jenkins, Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Vault, Packer, CloudFormation.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Server virtualization (VMware ESXi and vSphere).
- Participate on our team on-call schedule.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows monitoring tools as Nagios, Zabbix & LogicMonitor.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of IP Networking, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Nginx (As a Reverse Proxy and a LoadBalancer).
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Cloud computing (AWS: IAM, EC2, Route53, RDS, S3, ELB, GCP, Azure)
- Experience managing within an ITIL-based service delivery model.
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with any disability.