Senior Systems Analyst, Sales Systems
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Enterprise Applications & Analytics team is part of corporate IT and is responsible for supporting, developing, managing and enhancing the set of enterprise applications which are the platform that delivers Medallia's business processes. The group focuses on engagement with the line of business to continue and calibrate the solutions to best fit Medallia's business needs. In addition the group focuses on design, development and the deployment of an enterprise decision support system to provide enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities.
Medallia’s Salesforce team is a fast-paced environment and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running managing multiple responsibilities and projects while producing high-quality work.
Medallia is looking for a driven, hands-on, and business-minded individual with a strong functional and technical foundation in the Salesforce.com platform to partner with the lines of business and provide technical expertise in the design and development of systems solutions. The Senior Systems Analyst will be able to utilize his/her creativity and innovation to develop new approaches for enterprise application integration, workflow automation, performance optimization and overall solution architecture particularly within the Salesforce platform.
- Partner with lines of business to gather, document and develop new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation by translating business requirements into creative and effective technical / functional solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new features functional designs, functional requirements, limitations, and implementation of new initiatives
- Advise stakeholders and users on Salesforce (Steelbrick) CPQ capabilities and limitations
- Build and demonstrate Salesforce CPQ prototypes in Salesforce
- Design, develop and maintain complex workflow rules, validation rules and custom workflow, etc.
- Provide user support, training, documentation, and troubleshooting while also analyzing current processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Audit, uncover and resolve data integrity and application security issues
- Execute mass data imports/exports using standard API’s or other common Salesforce tools
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, and performance testing of new application functionality. Analyze and mitigate issues identified during testing.
- Identify opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or development within the platform that will support multiple business units
- Guide best practices for security model, mobile deployment strategies, workflow, data validation and administration processes
- Complete necessary items related to system design, configuration, customizations, integration and support
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and security requirements and ensure compliance
- Embrace a dynamic and talented team that challenges each other to reach their full potential and are committed to career development and coaching
- Act as a promoter and driver of change in support of business process improvement
- You are a team player and innovative thinker with positive attitude and passion for the opportunity
- You bring a a quality first mindset, eager to learn, grow, and develop
- Proven track record of efficient architecture design of SaaS business applications and understanding of subscription based businesses
- Demonstrate bias for action and execution with a strong history of delivering projects and tasks on time and to specification
- You are an organized, problem solver with a process-oriented mindset
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities yet stay focused on delivering high business impact
- 3+ years of systems administration experience (i.e. designing, developing and maintaining complex workflow rules, validation rules, custom workflow or similar)
- 3+ years of Salesforce experience specific to Sales Cloud, administration, integration, configuration, enhancements or similar
- 1+ years of CPQ(Configure, Price, Quote software) experience
- 1+ years experience with translating business requirements into technical/functional solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Salesforce (Steelbrick) CPQ capabilities and limitations paired with Salesforce.com design and configuration skills
- Hands-on experience in several mid-sized, global implementations using Salesforce CPQ
- Experience working in a similar role for a SaaS company
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, Visual Force, APEX, Process Builder, Workflows and Architecture topics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, written and verbal skills to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Salesforce.com certification
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.