Senior Technical Analyst, Financial Systems
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Enterprise Applications & Analytics team is part of corporate IT and is responsible for supporting, developing, managing and enhancing the set of enterprise applications which make up the platform that delivers Medallia's business processes. The group focuses on engagement with the lines of business to evolve and scale solutions to best fit Medallia's business needs. In addition, the group focuses on design, development and deployment of an enterprise decision support system to provide enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities.
Our team's Top Priorities include:
Optimize Medallia’s business processes
Provide an accurate single source of truth for timely decision support
Simplify the landscape for support efficiency
Design, plan and deliver quality new solutions, cost effectively
- This subject matter expert (SME) will partner with the line of business and applications functional team to provide thought leadership and program management to design, develop and deploy financial systems solutions.
- As a Senior Technical Analyst, Financial Systems, you’ll utilize your creativity and innovation to develop new approaches for enterprise applications integration, workflow automation, performance optimization and overall solution architecture to improve current financial systems and integration landscape with the goal of delivering business process efficiency through the development of process automation.
- This position can be based out of our Pleasanton or San Mateo, CA office.
- Key contributor in developing the vision, strategy and roadmap to optimize/deliver core business processes across key financial systems
- Partner directly with the global finance team to develop best practice processes and system integrations to streamline processes and constantly improve financial systems landscape
- Translate business requirements into creative and effective technical / functional designs and systems architecture
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and security requirements and ensure audit compliance
- Solutions optimization and supportability (Workflows, Financial Reporting, Configurations)
- Application administration responsibilities over financial systems
- Simplified integration - platforms consolidation and best practicesDevelop and maintain and document all technical design aspects of the financial systems (Workflow process, exception handling, technical test use cases, etc.)
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships across the organization
- Provide technical expertise to support management of data cleansing / transformation
- Work in the capacity of technical expert point of escalation for the day-to-day support team
- Evaluate applications solutions, features and related products
- Ability to present work with confidence and persuasion and handle questions effectively from both technical and business stakeholders
- You bring a quality first mindset, you're an innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop.
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- You are a true team player who can easily transition between being a strategic advisor and being hands-on with delivering solutions
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting medium to large-scale business systems and components in the realm of ERP and integrations
- 3+ years of NetSuite experience related to application administration, solution implementation and production support (including Financial Period Close)
- 1+ years of program or project management experience delivering financial SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in independently architecting and developing data synchronization solutions across NetSuite and other systems
- Program / Project management expertise - consistently delivering projects and tasks on time and to specification
- Experience with NetSuite SuiteCloud development tools such as SuiteBuilder, SuiteFlow, SuiteAnalytics, and SuiteScript to develop new and maintain existing business workflows
- Experience in system integration tools such as Dell Boomi, SuiteTalk, RESTlets, and Netsuite SOAP APIs
- Strong knowledge of the technology stack and available solutions for managing financials
- Knowledge of OpenAir PSA and configuration best practices. Able to receive and understand business requirements from functional stakeholders then prioritize, plan, design and execute configuration changes
- Academic degree in computer science or other relevant field
- Team player with unwavering integrity, positive attitude and passion for the opportunity
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.