Senior UX Researcher (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
User Researchers lead teams through inspiration-gathering and customer empathy experiences to uncover stories and insights that help guide design and product management. They deftly balance techniques that inspire new ideas and paradigms with methods that rigorously evaluate potential concepts and solutions.
Medallia is looking for User Researchers with an edge, a spark, and a deep-seated obsession with human emotions and behaviors. In addition to being empathetic, creative, and strategic, here are some of the qualities we’re searching for:
Constantly curious – We want people who are excited to be in the field and as inquisitive about other people and their stories as they are empathetic.
Thoughtfully collaborative – we want people who think through the methodologies to engage the teams as carefully as they engage our customers.
Captivating communicator – We want compelling storytellers who can inspire teams to translate keen observations into compelling insights and ideas.
We want people who are experimental, sensitive, savvy, and even quirky. These are the people who will be truly inspiring and impactful.
- Drive insights to inform the definition and development of new and existing products across all platforms
- Work cross-functionally with teams to shape and execute research plans based on business needs and growth initiatives
- Develop and use research models and insights to drive superior decision making
- Interpret research results, derive implications, perform market analysis and gather strategic intelligence to provide proactive insight regarding the consumer market, trends and our customer needs, and pain points
- Expertly select and deploy appropriate research methodologies (from generative to evaluative)Direct priorities and approaches for research projects to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources
- Manage research vendors relationship and drive execution of research initiativesChampion research and user-centered design across the organization
- At least 4+ years of industry experience as a hands-on researcher, working across multiple platforms, including mobile and enterprise systems
- Expertise in a broad range of methodologies including ethnographic research, site visits, interviews, surveys, diary studies, usability testing, lean experimentation, etc
- Organized, self-directed, efficient, and able to complete complex projects in a timely manner
- Strong leadership qualities that enable you to lead cross-functional teams and third-party partners when needed
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information in a manner that engages other team members
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Social Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors, or an equivalent field in the behavioral sciences
- Superior creativity and passion for what you do
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Stats knowledge and expertise with statistical tools a plus
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.