Software Developer in Test with JS
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Test Engineering team is responsible for Enterprise Quality in Medallia. We define quality processes, standards and tooling to ensure our products keep the quality bar high. We partner with development teams to help them adopt standards and provide insights about their strategy. Based on the organization needs we define test strategies and work on the data and tools to support it.
As a Software QA Engineer, you’ll be working with emerging software development technologies, building a new global team and helping us scale. You will provide test automation support to several Engineering teams and develop tooling and test data. As we scale, confidence in quality will continue to be an imperative, and you will play a huge part in its success.
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Chaos Engineering, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD etc
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts to simulate our customers’ use cases and collaborate with the developers to ensure there is sufficient integration and unit test cases
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing in-house automation framework and automation suite
- Meets regularly with Engineering leadership to provide metrics on and discuss software automation, quality, CI\CD, and security of our existing applications
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends and approaches within the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer science or related field preferred
- Passion for software development, testing and problem-solving
- 5+ years' experience in QA roles with automation responsibilities
- Must have previous hands-on experience implementing an automation framework of front-end, back-end, and REST API services\applications
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player as well as self-starter who needs little supervision. Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile environment
Nice to have:
- 1-7 years of professional SDET experience developing automated product tests in C#, Java, or similar structured language. Typescript preferable.
- Passion for software quality
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.