Software Development Engineer in Test
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test Engineering, you’ll be working with emerging technologies. You will implement test tools and frameworks, automate test cases and create test data to support the development lifecycle of big data and machine learning components. As we scale, confidence in quality will continue to be an imperative, and you will play a huge part in its success.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure and tools.
- Define, monitor and report development process metrics.
- Define, review and communicate quality and software development standards.
- Optimize build, and test from development to deployment.
- Collaborate with Development on product test strategies and execution.
- Collaborate across teams to improve existing quality process and reduce manual labor by automating tasks on CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Data Science teams to create test data sets providing coverage for multi customer ML models
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 6+ years of relevant experience.
- You have demonstrated strong proficiency in Java, Python or other backend programming languages.
- You have built tools, frameworks and test infrastructure for engineers using any of the following: Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, AWS, Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Robot, Spock, and others.
- You enjoy working on ambiguous requirements and turning them into solutions.
- You enjoy debugging challenging problems in any environment.
The Quality Engineering team is partnering with the Text Analytics team to create testing infrastructure, develop and execute automated test cases and help them to implement quality standards. You should expect a challenging working environment in which your role is central to allow the team to move faster and deliver with high quality. Our current tech stack includes Java, Scala, Python, Spark, and we will be supporting platforms that leverage technologies such as TensorFlow, Apache Airflow, Kafka, and S3 compliant file systems. At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.