Software Engineer, Backend
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv, here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our backend team in Buenos Aires. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our product to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a backend engineer on the Open Admin Team, you will build highly performant, scalable and robust APIs and related backend components for Medallia web apps and 3rd party developers. You will build on Medallia’s state of the art core service infrastructure and platform. Your work will connect world’s leading business to their customers, using modern web technologies over service-oriented architecture (SOA).
More Specifically, you will:
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming. Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Incorporate best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same.
- Work in small teams with like minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Become a go-to person for a part or whole of the system.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and impact teams thru tech talks and presentations.
- Be a voice of Medallia Engineering in Argentina's tech scene thru hosting and participating in meetups.
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology, follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise grade customer centric software.
- Experience building distributed systems / enterprise systems on modern stack.
- Experience with building and maintaining APIs
- Bring an ownership mindset with quality orientation and DevOps experience.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Enjoy mentoring and leading other engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Java developer, Architect, Tech lead, Java, yaml, REST, JSON, Swagger, APIs, PostgreSQL, SOA, Microservices, Docker, Artifactory, AWS, Git/Github, Jenkins, NewRelic, SumoLogic, Wavefront, Buenos Aires.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.