Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Core Infrastructure thrives on collaboration, mutual support, openness to new ideas, and solving problems at a deep, systemic level.
Our ideal teammate is a senior software engineer with a thorough understanding of operations and systems manageability who values monitoring, testing, and rapid iterative development.
- Core Infrastructure is laying down the building blocks of the IaaS and PaaS that will provide a resilient, manageable, and performant foundation to Medallia’s world-class and world-wide SaaS application.
- As part of this team, your software will support a hybrid cloud deployment with demanding performance and uptime requirements.
- You’ll work closely with our operational teams to holistically revise systems and eliminate weak or high-friction areas.
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python, Go, or Java.
- 3+ years of experience managing a SaaS platform.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams.
- Experience operating a SaaS platform as an Ops or DevOps engineer a plus.
- Experience designing distributed systems a plus.
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, Mesos, Zookeeper, Ceph a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.