Software Engineer (Django)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Promoter.io is a comprehensive customer feedback & predictive analytics platform built to drive growth and customer retention. We combine actionable feedback using a best-practice implementation of the Net Promoter Score (NPS) alongside internal analysis and reporting from hundreds of data sources to provide unparalleled customer insights.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to implement product features from concept to production and manage our infrastructure. Can be located in San Antonio TX, Austin TX, or remote within the US.
- Product-minded software engineer that has the ability to ship high quality code with autonomy
- Highly experienced web developer with solid design and architecture skills
- Proficiency in managing and scaling AWS Infrastructure
- Experience managing code sprints
- Experience building modern REST APIs
- Experience managing MySQL databases
- Experience with system and database administration and standard web security
- Proficiency in triaging server outages
- Bachelors in Computer Science or proven track record of solving difficult problems
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Data: MySQL and Redis
- Asynchronous Task Management: Celery and RabbitMQ
- Deployment and Testing: Github, CircleCI
- AWS and Server Infrastructure (EC2, S3)
- Tools: proficiency in using the shell
- Technical: database architecting
- Data: Elasticsearch
- Deployment and Testing: TDD, Code Reviews, Ansible
- AWS and server Infrastructure: (Aurora, Nginx, Gunicorn)
- Tools: Python IDE usage
- Misc: Open Source Github (or equivalent) contributions
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.