Software Engineer, Node.js
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
- As a Software Engineer on our Product Engineering team, you would be defining the future of Customer Experience over diverse Business-to-Customer(B2C) interactions where your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using Medallia Customer Experience Cloud
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to processing the user utterances and help take our innovative Customer Experience(CX) platform to the next level
- You will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation Customer Experience Cloud platform using micro service oriented architecture
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Build new microservices for integrations with various enterprise systems and services
- Work in an agile team environment with other SaaS experts
- Collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and integrations for the Medallia CX platform
- Improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of our core Medallia applications.
- Contribute to and extend open source software that is at the leading edge of innovation
- ~5 years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end or web based, distributed systems or applications.
- 3+ years experience on enterprise product development.
- 1+ year experience with NoSQL data store technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or similar.
- Knowledge of queuing technologies such as Kafka or similar
- Knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge and experience working on microservices based SaaS applications
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications
- Deep experience with agile software development process
- Strong communication skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.