Software Engineer, Text Analytics
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
- As a Software Engineer on our Text Analytics team, you will responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia.
- Your work will connect the world's leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture.
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to distributed data processing systems, applications of large scale machine learning, and help take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level.
- You will be responsible for the code quality, health and the stability of production systems for a multi user data processing system.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space.
- Improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of Medallia’s applications.
Our Engineering culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- Strong experience in a technical role working on distributed systems and web services.
- 5+ years software development experience on product engineering teams.
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases.
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language ( Java, Java Libraries, Java Frameworks preferred)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of Distributed Data Processing Systems.
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion workflows, Lambda architectures etc.
- Experience with API frameworks, e.g. Swagger or RAML, and API lifecycle infrastructure and management tools.
- Experience building high performance, well tested applications.
- Strong practitioner of best practices.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive.
- Deep experience with agile software development process
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.