Software Engineering Manager, Cloud Infrastructure (Remote, U.S.)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager for our Infrastructure Engineering team at Medallia. Our team’s mission is to develop the industry’s next generation enterprise SaaS cloud platform for Medallia. Our infrastructure is designed to allow the teams to scale seamlessly across a hybrid cloud. The technologies we build software for include load balancing, DNS, databases, and other parts of our infrastructure. The primary programming languages include Java, Python, and Golang.
Note: Position is Remote and U.S.-based.
About This Role:
- Lead a team that tackles the challenges of providing great software for infrastructure.
- Lead the team to design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality software components and services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI(s) and metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis.
- Build a high performing team. Hire the very best and provide opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- This role can be considered for a new manager.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (developer or architect) working on distributed systems, platform infrastructure, or cloud services. Managers that come from a hands on technical background are ideal.
- Demonstrated experience growing your team from outside your organization.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies.
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced and geographically distributed environment or at a mid-stage startup (or both!)
- Adept at communicating vision and strategy
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the development of fully automated infrastructure stack provisioning for global deployments on AWS and/or on-prem
- Understanding of some standard infrastructure components such as DNS, load balancing, and SMTP.
- Implemented tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale.
- Participated in the open source community and have a robust Github repository.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.