Solution Principal, Employee Experience
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Solution Principal focused on Employee Experience (EX), you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission-critical task—helping companies more deeply engage their employees to provide better experiences, for both their employees and customers. You will leverage your expertise in HR business processes and analytics to help companies tackle real business problems using our cutting-edge technology. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and work with great colleagues. You are a critical member of the team, a leader, teacher, and mentor for all things EX, and a trusted advisor for our prospects and customers.
- Solution Principals strategically partner with the Sales, Customer and Product teams to:
- Build relationships with senior leaders in target strategic accounts, both prospects and customers
- Meet with senior business leaders at prospect companies to understand their business goals and articulate Medallia’s value proposition
- Shape our clients’ and prospects’ Employee Experience vision by sharing best practices, telling stories about how other organizations we’ve worked with have approached obstacles and challenges, and generally serving as the senior EX domain expert during sales cycles
- Present Medallia thought leadership during strategic sales cycles--you are a critical voice of expertise and guidance to help prospects understand how to use Medallia to achieve their business goals
- Understand Medallia product capabilities and be able to convincingly articulate Medallia’s unique differentiators, particularly as they help solve the business problems faced by each client/prospect
- Support the sales, services, and product organizations in solution design for the largest, most complex enterprise companies
- Continue to develop your expertise and share it with the sales team, other Medallia teams, clients and prospects through informal and formal knowledge sharing
- Actively participate in company-wide strategy and product vision for EX, representing the market point of view
- Mentor and grow future EX domain experts within the company
- Partner with the sales team on sales strategy
- Partner with sales leadership on account strategy, region development and team ramping
- Partner with the Medallia (or Partner) Implementation and Managed Services teams to provide best practice guidance, participate in strategic meetings and help with senior relationship management as needed
- Be an active contributor to the community, both inside and outside of Medallia, through sharing of thought leadership and best practices via content development, speaking events, customer advisory board, etc.
Skills and Expertise:
- Deep experience with Employee Experience programs
- Strong skills in data management, analysis, and problem solving
- Good understanding of HR Analytics
- Strong selling and influencing skills
- Exceptional written communication and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a desire to provide high quality results
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented and works well in a collaborative environment
- Comfort working in an emerging field
- Significant experience presenting to senior executives
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functions & processes, with experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Strategy, Employee Experience, HR Operating Models, and HR Technology
- Proficient using data to inform programs and decisions
- Bachelor’s degree (sociology, people/HR analytics, industrial/organizational psychology, market research, or a related field)
- Ability to travel minimum of 50%
- Masters degree
- Experience using and/or selling people analytics platforms
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.