Solutions Architecture - Industry Solutions (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As an Industry Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for driving growth for Medallia by expanding our Best Practice Package (BPP) portfolio and ensuring customer success with these offerings. This is the ideal opportunity for someone with a background in technology, who is excited to tackle new challenges, question the status quo, provide thought leadership, and driven to find solutions that delight clients, colleagues and end users.Get hands on developing packaged solutions for Medallia and lead the team to design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality software components and services. In this role you will be the expert on the product functionality as well as customer needs. You will lead the definition of package requirements and roadmap execution, and will collaborate closely with stakeholders across product, design, professional services & sales to deliver innovative solutions that delight customers.
- Lead the development of Medallia packaged solutions.
- Partner with Industry Solutions Managers to identify vertical/horizontal use cases, apply your understanding of Medallia’s products and capabilities to architect solutions that address those use cases, and guide a development team through build, QA, and launch.
- Deliver high quality, scalable architecture, that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Support go-to-market efforts to launch new packages that reduce time to value and put Medallia’s best practices into the hands of customers from day one.
- Partner with Sales and partner organizations to ensure packages are effectively sold and delivered.
- Aggregate, prioritize, and articulate customer use cases to Product, Engineering, and Design to influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives across Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and R&D, to drive solution innovation that enables us to meet the growing needs of our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in the software as a service (SaaS) industry, with extensive knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.).
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OAuth, RBAC, etc.).
- Passion for helping clients; empathy for their challenges, ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with client stakeholders.
- Solution Oriented; passion for creative problem solving, comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces with minimal guidance.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management, stakeholder management, and cross-functional leadership skills.
- Dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching, coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- Growth-minded; desire for continuous learning and proactively driving initiatives for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical major, such as engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Prior solutions management or product management experience.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.