Solutions Principal, EMEA
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Solutions Principal, you will play a critical role in our strategically important EMEA business. If you have a passion for customer and employee experience, a desire to help organisations deliver results, plus deep expertise in one or more of our strategic verticals and/or horizontals (especially media & telecommunications, utilities, hospitality & travel, retail, insurance, automotive, and/or employee experience), then we would love to speak with you!
As a Solutions Principal, you will work with senior decision-makers at admired brands on a mission-critical task: helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges – customers and employees. You work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems. You work with great colleagues and partners. You are a crucial member of our organisation, a trusted advisor for our prospects and customers, an expert in the vertical SME community, and a leader, teacher, and mentor within Medallia on customer experience and vertical best practices.
- Solutions Principals partner strategically with Sales, as well as with the Professional Services, Marketing and Product teams, to:
- Support sales cycles through building executive alignment, aiding in sales strategy and bringing thought leadership
- Develop a strategic view of the vertical/horizontal across our EMEA business (across mid market-, enterprise- and strategic-level accounts)
- Understand Medallia product capabilities and be able to convincingly articulate Medallia’s unique differentiators, particularly where they help to solve the business problems faced by each client/prospect
- Build relationships with senior leaders in target strategic accounts, both prospects and clients
- Determine the solutions needed to win in the market and drive growth, and validate our solutions through identification of customer proof points and case studies
- Prioritise product focus to ensure we are meeting our prospects’ and customers’ current and emerging needs
- Raise Medallia’s public profile through partnership with marketing – blogs, field events, customer events, PR, articles, etc.
- Meet with senior business leaders at prospect companies to understand their business goals and articulate Medallia’s value proposition
- Be an active contributor to the vertical/horizontal community, both inside and outside of Medallia, through sharing thought leadership and best practices via content development, speaking events, customer advisory boards, etc.
- Support the sales organisation in solution design for the largest, most complex companies
- Continue to develop your vertical/horizontal expertise and share it with Sales, other Medallia teams, clients and prospects through formal and informal knowledge sharing
- Partner with Sales on sales strategy
- Partner with the Medallia (or partner) Implementation and Managed Services teams to provide best practice guidance, participate in executive meetings, help with senior relationship management and act as a strategic advisor as needed
- Expertise in customer experience
- Deep expertise and credibility in one of our priority verticals and/or horizontals (especially media & telecommunications, utilities, hospitality & travel, retail, insurance, automotive, and/or employee experience)
- Experience with the Medallia platform
- Minimum of 10 years experience presenting to senior executivesBachelor’s degree or equivalentLanguage skills:
- English plus fluency in one or more of Spanish/German/Italian/FrenchAbility to travel 20%+ (if and when in-person meetings resume post-COVID)
- Preferred qualifications
- Advanced degreeThought leader in vertical and/or horizontalExperience developing go-to-market strategies
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.