Solutions Principal, Financial Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Solution Principal, you work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task—helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: their customers and employees. You work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems. You gain exposure to a wide range of leading organizations across the financial services industry and have the opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues. You are a critical member of the customer organization; a trusted advisor for our prospects and customers; and a leader, teacher, and mentor within Medallia on customer experience and industry best practices.
- Solution Principals strategically partner with the Sales, Customer and Product teams to:
- Build & cultivate relationships with senior leaders in target prospect and customer strategic accounts
- Meet with senior business leaders at prospect companies to understand their business goals and articulate Medallia’s value proposition
- Present financial services and CX industry thought leadership and best practices during strategic sales cycles
- Understand Medallia product capabilities and be able to convincingly articulate Medallia’s unique differentiators, particularly as they help solve the business problems faced by each prospect and customer
- Support the sales organization in solution design for the largest, most complex enterprise companies
- Help define and size addressable markets within Financial Services - target personas, businesses, etc.
- Determine the solutions needed to win in the market and drive growth; helping to define the problem we are solving and the minimum viable product to address
- Validate solutions through identification of customer proof points
- Prioritize product focus, including identifying acquisition targets that are highly relevant to the vertical
- Develop a strategic, holistic view of the vertical across the organization - strategic accounts, enterprise, mid-market
- Raise Medallia public profile through partnership with marketing - blogs, field events, customer events, PR, articles etc.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to stay abreast of challenges, opportunities
- Continue to develop financial services expertise to share with the sales team, other Medallia teams, clients and prospects through informal and formal knowledge sharing
- Actively participate in company-wide strategy and product vision for the vertical, representing the market point of view.
- Mentor and grow future Financial Services and CX domain experts within the company
- Partner with sales leadership on account strategy, and team & vertical development
- Partner with Medallia & Partner services teams to provide best practice guidance, participate in strategic meetings and help with senior relationship management as needed
- Be an active contributor to the customer experience community, both inside and outside of Medallia, via content development, speaking events, customer advisory board participation, etc.
Solution Principals will be expected to:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience; Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years experience presenting to senior executives
- Expertise in Customer Experience and/or Operational CEM
- Deep banking, wealth management or retirement industry expertise
- Prior Experience in: Voice of the Customer analytics, Net Promoter Score (NPS), Change management and governance, Omni Channel experience management
- Previous experience with Medallia
- Ability to travel 50%+
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.