Sr. Director Industry and Solutions Marketing
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The product marketing team ensures that Medallia is at the forefront of Experience Management, that our solutions are differentiated, and we have a winning go to market strategy. Reporting to the SVP of Product Marketing, you will lead a team of marketers and drive the vision, messaging, and go-to-market strategy across Medallia’s vertical and horizontal solutions, working closely with Medallia’s product management, sales, marketing, and services teams.
- Own Medallia’s go-to-market strategy for our industry and line of business solutions and influence how we prioritize and win target markets, product categories, and buyer segments.
- Develop positioning, messaging and content that articulates Medallia’s value proposition to our target buyer personas and our differentiation in the marketplace
- Oversee the industry & solutions marketing team’s activities and go-to-market strategies for positioning Medallia's new and existing products to target markets, including use case definition, sales plays, campaign content and more.
- Partner with the Sales and Product teams to understand product/feature roadmap, enable the sales team, and create assets to support the sales process.
- Help evolve Medallia’s industry and line of business solutions and maintain Medallia’s leadership position in target verticals by keeping an eye on market trends and competitive landscapes, evaluating customer needs, understanding win/loss details and prioritizing activities with product management.
- Inspire, lead and coach a team of product marketers.
- Be a thought leader in internal/external presentations and prospect engagements.
- Spread awareness for Medallia’s brand.
- Develop marketing assets, speak at industry events and on web seminars, and support other marketing initiatives
- 12+ years experience successfully managing B2B product marketing programs, with expertise in vertical product marketing for one or more major industries, e.g. Financial Services.
- Experience managing a team of high-performing product marketers.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through in a fast-paced, fluid environment with standout marketing impact
- Strong sales and customer orientation with a passion for software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to present compelling narratives in public settings and to internal audiences.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through managing concurrent projects and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree
- MBA or other equivalent advanced degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.