Senior Product Marketing Manager, Industry & Horizontal Solutions
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The product marketing team ensures that Medallia is at the forefront of Experience Management, that our solutions are differentiated and winning in the market, and that customer successes are identified, documented, and shared–both internally and externally.
Reporting to the VP Product Marketing, you will oversee and execute a range of product marketing functions related to industry- and horizontally-focused experience management solutions and apps, collaborating with Medallia’s product management, sales, marketing, and services teams.
- Build and execute a go-to-market strategy and plan for solutions and apps.
- Deliver creative and compelling messaging that clearly articulates and reinforces Medallia’s unique brand and value proposition.
- Produce compelling content that communicates our unique capabilities in customer language. Content can include solution briefs, case studies, sales enablement materials and sales assets, product videos, web copy, white papers, demos, and more.
- Develop market/competitive positioning and rationale to demonstrate how Medallia works with our ecosystem of partners. Act as our thought leader and expert in the space for targeted industries, horizontals, and personas.
- Train and partner with sales to differentiate against competition and accelerate opportunities.
- Work with product and global marketing teams to drive field marketing, online events and measurement of these marketing activities.
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on product enhancements and future product direction.
- Engage industry analysts to communicate Medallia’s strategy, roadmap, unique value proposition and customer success.
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders.
- 4+ years of proven product marketing experience, or related, in tech environment.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to influence without authority, including senior management.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset; previous experience to interpreting and summarizing data with actionable insights.
- Proven ability to present compelling narratives in public settings and to internal audiences.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant practical experience
- Experience in one or more of our target industries (e.g., Banking, Insurance, Communications, Media & Entertainment, Technology, Healthcare) and/or departments (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, IT).
- 2+ years of enterprise software industry experience (CRM, Marketing Automation, BI, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to optimally structure and prioritize work.
- Strong sales and customer orientation with a passion for software products.
- MBA or other equivalent advanced degree.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.